Greetings in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
I sincerely welcome those who are visiting our Korean Central United Methodist Church homepage. I pray that our Lord’s grace and peace will be constantly present in your lives. Ever since our church has been established in Chicago in 1976, for us to achieve “God’s will”, we have been “tools of God’s grace” to serve Chicago land’s community with “God’s heart and mind.”
“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is— His good, pleasing and perfect will (Romans 12:2).” We always meditate on this verse, which is Apostle Paul’s spiritual exhortation. It reminds us to be the “Light and Salt of the World.” We have always run the race of faith to become a faithful community that can bring change to the world with our Lord’s loving cross and grace. We will continue to move forward ceaselessly for this race, and we will conquer temptation from the evil spirits until the day our Lord returns.
Our church members and I are dreaming for our church to be in likeness of the “Early Church’s” spiritual revival and growth through the power of the Holy Spirit, instead of pursuing current world values and methods. Join our faith community that shares His Words of “Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free (John 8:32),” be a part of “a praying community that always prays within the Holy Spirit,” and be a part of a “true worship community that worships in the Holy Spirit and in truth.” Would you like to share and experience the precious grace of our almighty God who is present in our lives today?
Our heavenly Father is waiting for YOU. I sincerely bless and love You In Jesus Christ Our Lord.
A Servant of Jesus Christ Our Lord, Pastor Jin-Ho Hong
Our Church’s Vision
- 1. A Church that offers God a truthful worship in the Holy Spirit
- We are a Worship Community that gives a wholesome worship awakened in the Holy Spirit to fulfill a truthful worship that our Holy God longs for.
- 2. A Church that is present within God’s Words of Truth
- As we experience God’s grace and power through His Words in our daily lives, we become a community made of God’s Words that raises mature Christians who use that divine experience to win over the world and obtain faith.
- 3. A Church that constantly prays alive in God’s presence
- We are a Praying Community that wears God’s armor to defeat and effortlessly face the evil spirits through the power of the Holy Spirit and sincere prayer.
- 4. A Missional Church that transforms the world through God’s love
- We are a Missional Church that serves and changes the world through the messages of the Cross (Love God and love your neighbors) that Jesus Christ speaks of.
- 5. A Church that pursues Jesus’ character and humble heart
- We are a Faith Community that matures our inner faith (humble nature and character) and outer faith (actions following words) to raise sanctified Christians.
- 6. A Church that raises spiritual leaders for future generations
- The old generation and new become one in Gospel, inherit Faith, and become next generation’s Leaders for God’s Kingdom and His people.
Our Church’s Logo and Meaning
- Our Korean Central United Methodist Church seeks to build God’s bodily church on the foundation of truth (Words of God - Black). We are also a faithful church that follows Jesus Christ (Red Cross), who is the only light of the world (Yellow Light), to transform the world through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.